Does Old Simo Have An App?
Currently Old Simo uses Tapatalk as an app feature. Tapatalk is an application to allow easier access to forums online. It provides improved forum access to mobile phones and sends notifications of new posts for any blog that a user is following.
When you first log onto Old Simo it will give you the option to download Tapatalk. A notification will pop up amongst the website’s header. Click download to install Tapatalk on your mobile phone device.
If you did not click on this option on your first visit to the website, simply search for the Tapatalk app on Google Play if you have an android or App Store if you are using an Iphone.
It is a free app. Hit Install and Accept. Once it is installed hit open. If it asks you about payments please ignore this and hit skip or continue. You will not be charged for this app. It will ask you to add a site. Click on that and search for Old Simo. Once the logo comes up, it will give you an option to follow, click follow and you will receive notifications through your Tapatalk app about new posts.
Once you are on Old Simo through Tapatalk you can click on any posting to read and then to interact to the post you simply scroll down to the bottom of the post and click on the sign in/sign up tab. Click on follow link and it will take you to a page where you can either sign up or sign in!
How do I access my private messages?
Click on the Private Messages tab which is located next to the Contact Us tab, which is placed at the top part of the website. Click on the Message Box tab which will show you all the messages you have received. To read a specific message click on the SUBJECT hyper link. This will bring up the message history between you and the other member. To continue the conversation scroll down to the Add Reply section, write your message, and click Send Message.
Can I send another member a private message?
You sure can! You have two options:
- You can click on the Private Message tab which is located next to the Contact Us tab, which is placed at the top part of the website. Then click on New Message. Type in the exact username of the person you wish to contact, add a subject , write your message, and click send message.
- You can also click on member’s name and go directly to their profile. You will see a Private Message tab next to the Public Message tab. Click on Private Message. It will take you to your private messages section. Click on new message. Then type in the exact username of the person you wish to contact, add a subject , write your message, and click send message.
Is Old Simo active on the social network?
Yes! Old Simo loves social media! You can find Old Simo on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linked In, Pinterest and Instagram. Social Media icons can be found in the top right hand corner of the Old Simo website.
How do I post a comment?
In order to post a comment, you must register on the Old Simo website. You have the option of becoming a registered member through our sign up page via your facebook account, google account, or through website registration. Please click the sign up link on top left hand side of our website or the sign up link at the bottom of any post. Once you sign up via your preferred choice you are all ready to start commenting!
Does Old Simo have a newsletter? How can I subscribe/unsubscribe from the mailing list?
Yes, Old Simo does have a newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter enter your email into the subscribe box on the top right hand corner of our email and click submit. To unsubscribe, log into your account and uncheck the “receive Old Simo newsletter” box.
What should I do if I haven’t received my confirmation e-mail?
Check your email’s junk or spam filter to ensure that it wasn’t directed there. If it is not there please email us from the email you signed up with and that you would like to confirm. Contact us on: email@example.com with an explanation of this issue so we can confirm your email.
What does Old Simo do with my email address?
Old Simo does not sell or share personal information. We send out newsletters informing you on new discussion topics, but if you would prefer not to receive them you can log into your profile page and deselect the option to receive newsletters.
I’ve logged in, but I don’t see the box to place comments. I only seek a link to log in again?
This could be a problem with cookies. You must log out, clear your cookies, and ensure that you have allowed cookies for www.oldsimo.com and then log back in.
In Internet Explorer:
- Click on the “Tools” menu, then select “internet options”.
- On the general tab, please click the “delete cookies” buttons
- Select the privacy and click the “sites” button
- Enter www.oldsimo.com into the text field, then click “allow”
- Click “OK” to save your settings.
- Click on the “Tools” menu, then select “options”
- Select the “privacy” tab, then click the “show cookies” button.
- Enter “OldSimo” into the search box, then delete all the cookies that match.
- Back on the privacy tab, click the “exceptions” buttons.
- Enter www.oldsimo.com into the text field, then click “enable”
- Close the exceptions window, then click “OK” in the options windows to save your settings.
Can I submit an idea or news item for Old Simo to discuss?
Of course you can! Please send your ideas to Old Simo himself at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will review them and get back to you.
What does it mean to comment on a post through Facebook?
What do I do if I can’t remember my username and password?
You can retrieve your user name and password at any time by clicking on the sign in tab which is located in the top left hand side of the sight. Then click on forgot user name/password option.
Where can I change my password, personal information or biography?
Hit the Sign in link which is found in the top left hand part of the website or at the bottom of any post. Enter your user name and password. From the same part of the website there will a drop down box. Select settings to make any changes.
Can I include links in my comments?
Yes you may, but any links that are deemed inappropriate by Old Simo will be removed.
Can I follow other members?
Yes! You simply click on the member’s name and click on the follow link. Your selection will appear on your profile page and on the profile page of the member you have selected. When you click on another member’s name you will be able to see their profile and elect to receive notification when that member contributes to a discussion.